Wednesday, February 6, 2013

TCEA conference in Austin 2013


I cannot help but blog just a little about the TCEA conference I am attending.  This year has been amazing so far.  Yesterday was a day full of iPad training.  For those of you using iPads, I thought I'd share some new apps I learned about - most were free.


  • Knowmia, very much like Keynote, is a free app that is used as a presentation tool.  I was very excited to learn about this one.
  • Skitch 
  • Groovy Grader
  • Trading Cards
  • Nearpod
  • Stick Pick - (this app is $2.99)   This app allows you to enter students' names and the level of Blooms that the child is on.... Then when you want to call on a child, it randomly selects a name and gives you a list of questions to ask that child that fall into that Bloom's category.  It was demonstrated in a workshop and looks amazing!  Really helps you target kids where they are...
  • Chicktionary
Also, check out the websites Nearpod.com and Bingobaker.com.  So much information and so little time to share.  Just thought I'd throw this out there.  I have so many training ideas for teachers, I cannot wait to get back and share.

I'll get to homework one of these days.  Hope you all have a great day!  Also, hope it is ok to use this as a true blog.  I mean my research is on technology - this should count:)  

2 comments:

  1. Love skitch, groovy grader and stick pick :) I also love notability and penultimate (along the same lines as skitch). ScootPad is pretty cool too and it has an online app through google chrome. My kids tried it today and it was pretty challenging! The homework wasn't too bad this week. I procrastinated until last night and finished up tonight. Glad you got to have a little fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun! This up coming week I am going to the TMEA conference for Music Educators. I guess this is going to be great for me to get materials and more ideas for my Research Plan. That's awesome that during this class we both get to go to conferences that will help us with our research!

    ReplyDelete